Saturday, February 2, 2019

Rhythmic Gymnastics - Preparations while the Gym is Closed 2019-02-02

First off the ARDUOUS task of taping the hoop. I will include a photo of the Hoop when I am done. For now, suffice it to say by back and wrist hurt. I also do not have a scale, so I''m a little leary of adding a second layer of transparent tape. My Hoop is a Venturelli, and the Tape is Pastorelli Galaxy in "Light Sapphire." Its a beautiful tape but when I first began I didn't want to wreck my Hoop taping it wrong and I needed to develop hand and wrist strength with the 294 gram Hoop. I know the legal limit is 400 grams. So, I'm putting on that layer of colored tape.  Photo of Hoop taped up with one layer of colored tape.




I lost, or it was stolen, my wand for Ribbon at the Gym. *sigh* I'm not sure which cause my Jassy set of bags has no spot to carry the wand. I had to order a new Chacott Holographic wand. Expensive stuff this sport is, but it makes me happy. I'm using my dance skills, getting more fit, and improving my apparatus handleing. Certain things I still cannot do cause of my weight but slowly its coming off.

I taped up my wand (or as I call it baton) case with the same colored-tape as my hoop. So people know its MINE. Right now I only have a Chacott 4 color Ribbon. I'm looking to get a solid colored Ribbon to use at the Gym.

My floor is covered in Salt from the Winter blast of Snow. So I have not been able to practice much except clubs over my mattress. Ball, well, The floor is too salty to risk it, the rubber would be ruined. I could do a little rope, but I am presently taking a break from rope.

As always comments, and questions welcome.
Jjinpang-Mandu

1 comment: