Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Rhythmic Gymnastics Haul - Clubs & Hoop Tape

I've been looking forward to receiving this parcel in the mail for a long time. I've reached a pretty good point in my apparatus handling with ball, rope, and hoop. I have wanted to get a set of clubs. As a recreational Rhythmic Gymnast, that wants the best eq, I shop at Action Rhythmics - the best RG equipment in the U.S.A.. The first thing I got there was my Ball and Rope. Which is the two apparatus beginners should start with.




Second I got my hoop. Its a Venturelli, I love it but in my haste I forgot the hoop tape when I first ordered it. I seem to have a natural talent for hoop-work. HAPPY TIME. It really strengthens the wrist as a bonus, and is my favourite event so far. The pink and silver hoop is a cheap hoop from a toy-store to use outdoors.

This occasion, I finally got around to getting my hoop tape, and a set of Junior Clubs. I wish I had a coach or experienced gymnast to help me tape the hoop. I am scared to ruin it. You might ask "Why Junior Clubs?" First, clubs are recommended after hoop, and before tackling ribbon. Second I purchased Junior ones because I am small, and because of a long history of ballet I tend to use curved rather than stick-straight arms. I do not want to clobber myself in the face while doing my first mills. 😀

Many people might think its crazy to be doing apparatus handling and basic dance moves at my age. BUT dance and movement is for any age. It is a free-expression of who we are, and its good for a person. It's also improved my hand/eye/body coordination 100 fold.

Jjinpang-Mandu

No comments:

Post a Comment